Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Inductee

There's a freshman on campus whom Master and I are friends with; I'll name her Juniper. She's a very interesting lady; though she's been sexually active for many years, she knows next to nothing about kink (not that there's anything wrong with that). When she first heard me and my kinky friends talking about it, her reactions were generally along the lines of, "That's messed up!" and "Why would you do that?" However, she would also listen attentively to our answers, and ask more - especially when she learned that Spot had been a prodomme over the summer. It was pretty apparent she was interested.

Last night she and I, along with a few others, stayed up late chatting about various things, and one of the things that came up was BDSM. Juniper said, "Yeah, I really should talk to some of you guys about that sometime. Like maybe [Spot] or [Lupa]. I really want to know more." I told her that she could ask me or Master any time, as well.

Ironically, Master and I, having noticed Juniper's interest in kink, had discussed the night before about asking her if she'd like us to introduce her to some aspects of BDSM. It'd be just bondage, paddling, that kind of thing - no sex, like when we're playing with Lupa. I think it'd be fun, and I think she'd enjoy it, though we haven't explicitly broached the subject with her. The only thing that makes me apprehensive is that she has a history of abuse, which she's said colors her reaction to BDSM. It doesn't turn her off completely from kink; she recognizes that abuse and BDSM are completely different, but she still gets that initial aversion.

Though we'd very thoroughly talk over what we would and wouldn't do and all that, I still am a little worried about accidentally triggering her during any playtime we have. I don't want to do that to a friend, even unintentionally. We'll probably have to discuss that when/if we do negotiate a play scene.

No comments: