Monday, November 3, 2008

Public secret

Not to long ago, Master and I were hanging out with a friend of ours, and we were discussing the most recent lingerie party. At the party, Master had his riding crop and had given me many good whacks with it. "Yeah, he was hittin' ya pretty hard with that crop," our friend said.

"Yup," I said.

"That was... pretty crazy," he said, giving me an expectant look.

"Yup." I had a feeling he wanted me to respond in a certain way, but I wasn't feeling like going along with it.

Later that night, I wondered aloud at our friend's odd behavior. "He was probably waiting for you to confirm what he was thinking," Master said, meaning that I like kink. He raised a question I'm still wondering about - how many people know the nature of our relationship?

We don't try to hide it, but we don't broadcast it, either. I wear my collar all the time, and many times when we're lounging around I'll sit at his feet. I've worn shibari harnesses to two lingerie parties now, too. Well, I know that several of my friends know because they're into kink too and we talk about it together, but as for my vanilla friends, it's a lot more unclear.

I don't really care if they do know. I mean, our school's very laid-back about that kind of thing, my friends especially so - we (well, they) did start the lingerie party on campus, after all. Once I get out of college... well, I don't tell my coworkers about my sex life right now, so I don't forsee any problems. Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic.

No comments: