Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flux

Ume and I talk about our respective sex lives with relative frequency. It's interesting to compare our similarities and our differences because Ume and his girlfriend are very... well, I don't want to say "egalitarian" because it's not that there isn't any power exchange between them - there is, but it's constantly in flux. They both enjoy sports and gambling, so they make bets and whoever wins gets to "top" (they don't do much more than the light bondage almost every couple engages in) until the next game.

I think that's really cool, and it fits their playful attitudes perfectly. But I don't know if I could do things that way. I like haing a constant in my life - the constant presence of Master's domination oer me. It's not always obvious, but I can feel it, like gravity.

That's not to say that it's constant. We have our own flux, but it's like the scales are balanced differently, so even when we're at "equilibrium" our power exchange still isn't equal - whereas Ume and his girlfriend have an equally balanced scale, but it can tip one way or the other much more easily. Or at least it does in bed; I haven't really asked if they carry this philosophy out of the bedroom. I suppose that's another area of difference between us.

No comments: