Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Unwarranted self-importance

Sometimes I get envious of Master because he gets to have all these fun sexcapades in the city while I'm stuck on campus in the boonies. Theoretically this shouldn't be a problem, since I've got scads of close friends who love cuddling and such, but somehow it never works out quite the way I'd like.

Master says I'm just not confident enough - that I need to take initiative more and seize the opportunity to get the people I fancy.

I think he has a point, but at the same time I don't want to get into the mindset that I deserve other people and that it's odd if people don't want to be with me. Such entitlement is repugnant, whether in a man or a woman.

But I don't know how to find the balance point yet. So I'm just going to sit here and be miserable for now.

No comments: