Friday, December 26, 2008

The Talk

When we get back on campus, Master and I are going to have The Talk. Not that Talk (I already know babies come from Raptor Jesus), but the Talk about where we want our relationship to go in the next few years.

We both want to stay together after he graduates this year, and we both would like for me to move to his city after I graduate next year - we've already determined that part. What we still need to work out is the logistics of how we'll get to that point. What will be the terms of our relationship while he's out of the country? While I'm still in school? That kind of thing.

We're also going to talk about our fears and uncertainties and how we're going to deal with them. I, for one, am worried by my past experiences with people who graduate, as we seem to inevitably lose contact with each other and just... drift apart. I'm terrified of that happening between me and Master. Obviously I shouldn't put too much weight on past experiences because those relationships weren't anything like what Master and I have. They were "just friends," as it were, while Master is infinitely more than that, making our bond that much stronger.

Still, I worry. I do that.

Thing is, I know I can live without Master. I'm not dependent on him for my survival. But it's getting harder and harder for me to imagine what a life without him would be like, and what I do imagine I don't particularly like.

No comments: