Saturday, August 30, 2008

Not all at once, part II

It's quite possible that Spot won't play with Master and me anymore this year. And I'm completely okay with that.

I've talked with both Master and Spot about the issue, though we haven't had a three-way conversation yet (that'll have to wait until we're all on campus together). Master is reluctant to because he and Spot are in Residential Life (though that didn't stop him last year, when both he and I were), but also because he doesn't want the relationship to progress further from "friends with benefits." Spot is reluctant because she knows she doesn't make a very good "secondary," which is inevitably what she would become if she and I developed our relationship further, and she doesn't want to be part of a V - it'd be a full-up triad or nothing, which means that she and I can't continue without Master, even though he's said he'd be okay with that.

Again, we still haven't spoken all together in person, but I have a feeling we're going to call things off. I'm a little sad, since I do like playing with Spot and I'd love to continue, but I understand it's probably not the best idea. I'm not afraid of us having a terrible falling-out; when I stopped playing with Jack and Lupa last year, there was no drama or anything, and we're just as close friends as we ever were. It's amazing what can happen when everyone acts like reasonable adults.

And acutally, speaking of Lupa, she's asked if she can pretend to be in a poly relationship with me and Master in order to fend off the advances of someone she doesn't particularly care for. Master and I think that's an awesome idea and are all for it; a part of me almost hopes it can eventually become real and not a facade. I still do care for her, and it'd be nice to play with her again now that she's more confident sexually.

Man, I really am spoiled. I'm used to being able to play with a woman and a man - what happens if I'm no longer able to?

No comments: