Friday, February 8, 2008

Inspiration

I got the BDSM classic Screw The Roses, Send Me The Thorns in the mail a few days ago, and I've been reading it every chance I get. It's showing its age (the only form of online dating it covers is BBS), and its grammatical errors make me cringe (so many comma splices!), but it's funny and has given me a lot of good ideas. Though it's addressed mostly to Doms, there's stuff that subs should know too, and I can just share the ideas I get with Master, anyway.

One of the things that STR,SMTT has really whetted my appetite for is more role-playing. I wanted to do more of that before I even got the book, but this has given me more fodder for fantasies. Like I said before, though, I'm just worried that my acting may not be good enough. But I suppose the only way to get better is to practice!

I also would like to try longer, more extended scenes - ones that last hours or maybe even a full day. That doesn't mean I'd spend the whole day tied down naked to a bed, but I would spend the whole day in whatever role I'm assuming for the scene. Maybe we'll spend a weekend playing "hostage and captor" one day.

A few other things I wanted to try more were more heavy-duty bondage, like with cuffs and spreader bars and stuff (though that can get expensive), and maybe sensory deprivation. I used to be really against mummification and hoods, but now I'm a little curious. I'd also like to try more with nipple clamps. Master used a chip-clip on me the other night, which was lots of fun! Unfortunately, we only have one. :( I've been meaning to go to Wal-Mart to get some clothespins, though. Flogging is another thing that is probably too expensive to try anytime soon; it's been a while since Master did anything with knife play, though, and I kind of want him to do that again.

I'll see if Master wants to read the book once I'm done. Even if he doesn't, there's a surprising number of friends who have already read it and I can talk to them about it. Though, in retrospect, it's really to be expected that they would be into BDSM.

No comments: